Similar to Emily’s observations for this week, I tracked the classes’ participation throughout the time spent on the Google Doc and in class on Thursday. I used a a lot less efficient method of collecting data during the Google Doc session and every 5 minutes I counted the number of sentences in the document. It’s only a rough estimate of the progress of the document, it would take me up to two or three minutes to count the sentences that were being added simultaneously. On the graph, the total number of sentences is divided by 10 for scaling purposes. The second line is the approximate rate sentences were added each minute throughout the session. There is a spike at the 65 minute mark after I added the post-question discussion.
Throughout Thursday’s class, I kept track of the comments or questions made by Dr. Sample or a student within 5 minute time periods.